This document provides guidance for completing required online training before arriving at Camp Atterbury, Indiana, for the initial phase of MoDA pre-deployment training. Â The full list of required training is on page 2 of this document.
The online training load is substantial.Â Anticipate needing up to 40 hours to complete the full requirement, depending upon what you have already completed.Â Â Each online module will generate a certificate for you to print upon completion of the training.Â Â Print two copies â€“ one for your records to take to theater and another to give over to the deployment certification authority at Camp Atterbury.Â If you are unable to print the training completion page or certificate, use the Print Screen function to capture an image which you may paste into a Word or PowerPoint document.
Most of the online training modules listed on the following page can be accessed via Army Knowledge Online (AKO):
1. Log into Army Knowledge Online (AKO) at https://www.us.army.mil
If you do not have an AKO account, click on Register with a CAC (if you have one) or Register without a CAC (if you donâ€™t have one).Â Â Enter â€śhelen.lenahanâ€ť as your sponsor.Â If you have trouble logging in, refer to the AKO Help Desk site at https://help.us.army.mil/cgi-bin/akohd.cfg/php/enduser/home.php.
2. Once logged on, select â€śMy Trainingâ€ť from the SELF-SERVICE drop-down menu at the top of the page
3. On the My Training page, look in the box in the upper right called â€śWhatâ€™s Hotâ€ť and click â€śDeployment Trainingâ€ť
4. You should now be on a page entitled â€śDEPLOYMENT Training Materialsâ€ťÂ Click the link at the top of the page, called â€śTheater-Specific Individual Requirement Training (TSIRT)â€ť
You should now be on a page entitled â€śTheater-Specific Individual Requirement Training Courseâ€ť which contains links to most the classes you will need to take. Â Â Classes on this list (except for SERE 100) typically take less than 1 hour to complete.Â SERE 100 takes roughly 6-8 hours to complete.
The following required courses are accessed via Joint Knowledge Online (jko.jfcom.mil ):
- Information Assurance Awareness (J3O P-US250)
- SERE 100 Code of Conduct Training Course (J3T A-US022)
The Army Accident Avoidance Course is available at https://safety.army.mil/ARMYACCIDENTAVOIDANCECOURSE/tabid/982/Default.aspx
If you have any questions or concerns regarding online training, please contact:
MoDA Training Program
|CENTCOM Theater-Specific Individual Readiness Tasks (TSIRT) and other Required Training
Waived or Not Required for deploying MoDA civilians