This memorandum clarifies the policies and responsibilities regarding employment status, timekeeping, reimbursement, backfill, travel, evaluation, and weapons for the deployed advisor. MoDA Program participants will comply with all CEW and CENTCOM policies concerning deployment. CEW policies may be reviewed at http://www.cpms.osd.mil/expeditionary/cew-policies.aspx.This interim guidance is effective immediately and may be incorporated into future MoDA Program instructions.
From the MoDA Program Office
Afghanistan Public Holidays
There are two kinds of Afghanistan Holidays â€“ Religious holidays and National holidays. The religious holidays are celebrated according to the lunar calendar. National holidays are celebrated on the basis of the solar calendar.
1390 Religious Holidays
The Lunar calendar or Islamic calendar consists of twelve lunar months. Each month has 29 or 30 days depending on the sighting of the new moon. A lunar year has, on average, 355 days. The lunar calendar is about 10 days shorter than the solar year which is why the start dates for religious holidays vary from the solar calendar year to year. All start dates in this section are approximate as the actual start dates may vary according to the sighting of the moon.
SUBJECT: Base Support Group Policy Letter #2 â€“ Living Quarters
- Army Regulation 735-5, Policies and Procedures for Property Accountability, 28 February 2005.
- Army Regulation 190-11, Physical Security of Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives, 15 November 2006.
- CENTCOM General Order Number 1B, 13March 2006.
- BSG Smoking Policy
- BSG Billeting Policy #1, 15 November 2010.
- Task Force Yankee Information Paper on Proper Conduct of Health and Welfare Inspections, 5 July 2010.
- Purpose: Establish procedures that ensure the protection, security, safety, health, and welfare of all personnel residing in or visiting Camp Eggers.
- Applicability. Effective immediately all personnel, including US military, Coalition, and civilians, assigned, attachedÂ or serving at Camp Eggers will become familiar with and adhere to this policy. Personnel in violation of this policy will be subject to UCMJ action or referred for adverse action as appropriate.
SUBJECT: Base Support Group Policy Letter #1 â€“ Billeting Priorities for Camp Eggers Main (CEM) and North Eggers (NE)
- Purpose: To establish priorities and procedures for billeting and living quarters on CEM and NE.
- Applicability: All personnel residing in the living quarters on CEM and NE (Alamo, AIB, Bunker, and Knox).